Things are moving along with my copperplate. Now that I’ve learned the minorscules I moved onto the first group of majorscules. The complex S curve was quite challenging at first but I think by the end of today’s practice I started to get a hang of it.
I’ve been finding the square cutoffs and shaded lines much easier to produce cleanly on these printed out sheets, due to the quality of the paper being such that the ink doesn’t pool on the surface of the page, and as everything is loose leaf, I don’t have issues as I near the edge of the page. However, I’m still struggling at this point to make upward-moving hairlines smoothly.